CONSULTATIONS, SALES AND DECORATIVE ART APPRAISALS BY MONICA FOSTER
kkkhkhkhkhkhkhkhkhkhkhkhkhkhkkkhkh

Monday

Welcome, Leave Your Shoes On



A bit about myself, I am married to a movie and theater producer and the proud mother of a son who grew up too quickly and now attends college. We share our home  with Ruby, an adorable, energetic Labradoodle who has finally learned to respect a fine carpet.
I too was a movie producer for quite some time which is where my flair for the dramatic expressed itself. Leaving Hollywood behind, I have embraced my love for drama and beauty through the traditional, but no less exciting art of antique rugs.
I now enter a room and in my mind's eye cast the perfect rug for the role. Trust me, rugs are far less demanding than actors.
A quality Oriental rug is timeless and will, with a slight nod to its environ, add warmth yet shine with a quiet sense of cool in any room whatever the decor. True artisan rugs are works of art that were made to be walked on, just roll them up until your Labradoodle is house trained.
The top image is courtesy of the much missed Domino magazine, bottom image: London catalogue from Christie's rug auction.